Tenacre is a Christian Science nursing ministry expressing God, Love—our mission is to heal.
Our current Christian Science nursing ministries include:
- Christian Science Nursing
- Christian Science Nursing Settings
- Haven for Healing
- School of Christian Science Nursing
We provide Christian Science nursing at Tenacre in various settings (buildings) on campus. Our newest ministry, Haven for Healing, is designed for short stays. It is a homelike cottage where individuals can pray and study while having the individualized support of a Christian Science nurse 24/7.
Tenacre also offers workshops and courses on Christian Science nursing throughout the year to members of The Mother Church. Participants learn how metaphysical ideas find expression in gentle, comforting, and practical ways to assist individuals in their homes, in Christian Science nursing facilities, and in the field.
For more information about our ministries, including our visitor accommodations and residential living (Christian-Scientists-in-Residence), we invite you to visit our website: www.tenacre.org.
Christian Science Nurses Training Offered
Our workshops and courses on Christian Science nursing include:
- “Christian Science Nurse”: A Manual By-Law for Every Member
This workshop is available on a regular basis and by request for groups of church members
- Christian Science Nursing Assistant Class
- Ministry of Christian Science Nursing 1
- Ministry of Christian Science Nursing 2
- Ministry of Christian Science Nursing 3
- Ministry of Christian Science Nursing 4
- Practical Guidance for Fulfilling the Role of Director of Christian Science Nursing
- Managing Your Ministry: A Webinar for Christian Science Nurses
- Nurturing Mothers and Families
Tenacre Foundation is located on 100 acres in Princeton, New Jersey, midway between New York City and Philadelphia.
Our healing mission started in the 1920s when founders George and Kathryn Barmore, both Christian Science practitioners, opened their home to their patients and friends relying on God for healing, as taught in Christian Science.
Since 1935, Tenacre has operated as a non-profit foundation—continuing to pray and let God govern and guide our ministry.